Stop sharing your location on an iPhone to improve VPN performance!
Why This Happens: When using a VPN on an iOS device, it is sometimes possible for a website to detect your real location. This is known as an “IP Leak.” Using Betternet will always encrypt your data and protect your personal information from outside attacks. However, you might voluntarily be giving away your country location without meaning to through your existing iPhone's GPS settings.
How To Use A VPN Without Being Detected On An iPhone Or iPad
1. First, clear your history and cookies on your browser.
To do this, please go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data.
(Note: It’s important to first clear your cache or data before troubleshooting, even if you just cleared them earlier that day. This will help ensure that the website hasn’t saved your real location.)
2. Next, turn off "Location Services."
You can turn off GPS tracking for your entire device, or, for each application individually.
How to Turn GPS Location Services Off Using Your iOS Device
- On your iOS device, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Location Services;
- Click the slider so that Location Services are turned OFF.
How to Turn Location Services Off for Individual Apps on iOS
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services;
- Scroll to Share My Location;
- Select the application you are trying to use (example: Chrome, WhatsApp, Amazon Prime, etc.);
- Tap the app name and select NEVER.