Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- You are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or a mobile data network
- You are using Mac OS 10.12 or later
- A 3rd party app is not interfering with Internet Settings such as antivirus, firewall, etc.
- If you are connecting from one of the following countries you may have trouble connecting due to occasional government blocks: China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Pakistan, Iran
On your Mac computer:
First, make sure to clear your Browser's cookies and cache.
In case you still cannot connect, please change DNS to Google DNS:
- You'll need to first head into the System Preferences
- Click on the Network icon
- Select your network card on the left and then select the Advanced button near the bottom right corner
- Once you’re there, switch over to the DNS tab, and you can start adding in DNS entries into the list. If you see entries that are greyed out, just ignore them, and click the + (plus) symbol at the bottom to add new ones.
Add the following two items to the list and try to connect: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
Then go to System Preferences or System Settings, and once you are there:
1. Double click on Network
2. Select "Betternet VPN" from the left side and click - (minus) symbol
3. Connect Betternet again
4. Download a new profile when Betternet asks you to do so
If the issue persists, please uninstall the current version and download it again from our website by clicking here.