We are sorry to hear you are having connection issues on your Android device. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below to help with getting you connected.
Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- You are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or mobile data network
- Your Android OS is 5.x or later
- Your device is not rooted
- A 3rd party app is not interfering with Internet Settings such as antivirus, firewall, etc.
- If you are connecting from one of the following countries you may have trouble connecting due to government blocks: China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Pakistan, Iran
- You also have the current version of Betternet which can be downloaded here
On your Android device:
Note that many common problems with most apps can be fixed by clearing the app's cache or data. Clearing the cache deletes temporary files while clearing the data removes all of your settings including log-in data. To try to fix this, please follow these steps:
- Press your device's Menu button | select Settings (or System Settings).
- Tap Application Manager (or Apps).
- Tap the app Betternet icon.
- Tap Clear Cache/Clear Data
- Reboot/Restart your device and launch Betternet again.
After completing the previous steps, check if the app is working properly. If it is still not working, please repeat steps 1-3, and then tap Clear Data.
The applications we recommend clearing data from are:
- Google Play Store
- Google Play Services
- Your preferred Web Browser App (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc).
- The app you are having problems with.
Keep in mind that clearing the app's data will remove any custom options and settings, it is the same as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If you still experience inconveniences, please turn off Location Services from your device by following these steps:
- Press your device's Menu button | select Settings (or System Settings)
- Tap Location
- Switch to OFF
If the issue persists, please uninstall the current version and download it again from our website by clicking here.