For Free Users:
Regarding the speed issues please consider the following points:
- Make sure that the network you are using is strong and stable. If you prefer, change your network from 3G/4G to WiFi or vice versa and choose the one which will provide you with a better result.
- Firewall or antivirus softwares can slow down VPN traffic by filtering or scanning outgoing packets. If you have any similar application on your device, it is better to disable it before using Betternet.
- Resting your device and WiFi modem can also help you to speed up your connection.
- Sometimes our servers are overloaded. During the peak times, it’s possible that your speed drops down. You can use Betternet at different times during a day.
Besides the free service, we offer a premium package. The premium servers are incredibly faster than the free ones. You can upgrade your app to premium level and enjoy a faster connection.
For Premium Users:
As you may already know many factors can impact on your speed when you are using a VPN.
- The physical distance between you and the VPN servers may have an effect on your speed.
- Connection traffic and stability of your network are also major factors.
- Routing of traffic through VPN servers can also play an important role in your connection speed.
Fortunately, Betternet premium servers are the most powerful servers we could ever provide, so it is highly recommended choosing either optimal server or the nearest server to your current location. Selecting a server that is geographically close to you will normally result in increased performance.
You can also change your network from 3G to WiFi or vice versa to get a better result.
If your problem remains, please submit a request and let us know on which servers you’ve faced speed problems.